“Ever wanted to walk on water? How about cover yourself head to toe in mud? The Dead Sea is a place where both of those things are possible (well maybe not actually walk, but probably the closest you will get). The Dead Sea, located with Jordan to the East and Israel to the West, is the Earth’s lowest elevation on land and one of the world’s saltiest bodies of water. It is 8.6 times saltier than the ocean which can make for some fun floating. But, be careful for any open wounds as the high salt level can become painful.
Some Tips When Heading to The Dead Sea (feel free to add you own by leaving a comment):
• Do not shave in the 24 hours prior to entering
• Do not go in with open wounds.
• Buy some mud. Don’t ask why. Ask why not.
• If you do decide to be the person who thinks that it won’t be so bad to submerge your entire body… you are warned that it isn’t that minor salty taste and feel that you get after sticking your head in the Atlantic.
• If you get salt in your eyes and it burns, DO NOT rub your eyes with your hands that were just picking up salt from the ground!!!
• Rinse Well!
Yoga on the Water
Staying Hydrated “
What an experience and great shots!
Check out more at Rachael Cerrotti Photojournalist !