Hi and welcome to toemail! We are Quillan and Angela and we created this blog in 2010 after deciding it might be fun to do a mail-in photo blog based on the name toemail, after one of us made a typographical error which resulted in that word.
We look forward to hearing from you!
toemail is a collaborative photography project featuring original photographs of toes of both genders, from the newborn to the elderly, photographed at outdoor or indoor locations around the globe.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMITTING:
Images of human toes in the form of paintings, drawings, sculptures, video and more.
Images that include a bare foot, feet or at least one toe. This can also include the wearing of flip flops, sandals, peep toe shoes or even just a hole in your sock with a toe sticking out. The only exception to bare would be the wearing of toe socks or Vibrams.
Toes within a scene is our preference. The toes need not be the primary focus of the image. They simply need to be somewhere within the image.
Outdoor or indoor images.
Images from your own home town or from travel.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
Images of injured feet or toes whether newly injured or not, although we will post if the injured area is properly bandaged and is part of a photographic setting.
Images of disfigured or diseased feet.
Images, or any content, that is sexual in nature or could be construed as such. (That is not our premise. Our premise, simply, is that our toes represent where we are now or where we have been. We see it as a form of self-portraiture that includes toes within a photographic setting).
We reserve the right, without explanation, to refuse posting of any images that we deem inappropriate for our blog.
If you’ve submitted before you may submit again and may do so as often as you wish.
The goal of the blog is to share photos from around the world and have fun. If we can promote any good causes while doing so, then all the better.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Attach your photo in an email and send it to us at toemailers (at) gmail . com
- (NOTE): The email address you use in sending us your images remains confidential.
- Include the location, that you would like us to post in our title, of where the photo was taken.
- Include a short story about your photo, if you like.
- IF YOU HAVE A BLOG OR WEBSITE, INCLUDE YOUR LINK AND IT WILL APPEAR ON YOUR POST AND IN OUR toemail Community. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR LINK EVEN IF YOU HAVE SUBMITTED TO US BEFORE.
Good Cause blogs and websites qualification:
- To be listed in our GOOD CAUSES section of toemail Community, your site needs to be devoted to one particular subject/cause.
- Causes for animals are also welcome but also require a human foot photo.
toemail makes the world a better place one foot at a time.
toemailers (at) gmail . com